The Gift of Soccer Foundation Founder, Ken Levandoski, successfully completed his 40-hour D-License training and received his D-License for coaching. The focus of this course is to improve a coach’s ability to positively influence individual players and teams.
What are the key components of the “D” license course?
- Develop the core coaching competencies necessary to effectively teach the 13-14 year old athlete and team.
- Understand the characteristics and needs of an athlete in the Intermediate Stage of U.S. Soccer’s Athlete Development Model.
- Build on the foundation of knowledge and experience in order to proceed through the sequence of coaching development courses.
What are the specific target outcomes of the course?
- Teach the Principles of Play in a training environment. (7v7 to 9v9).
- Apply the Principles of Play to functional group roles in a full team system.
- Plan a sequence of training and weekly cycles to complete a season plan.